Wombat Protection Society of Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing Stephanie & Wayne

2 posters

Go down

Introducing Stephanie & Wayne Empty Introducing Stephanie & Wayne

Post  Stephanie Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:24 am

Hi there,
My partner Wayne (aka 'Wombat') and I presently live in Nanango Qld, alas no wombats. But we have just bought a property in Tasmania and plan on moving there VERY soon. cheers It is 92 acres of paradise and we will be able to help the wombats. We have been rescuing, caring for and rehabilitating wildlife for many years and also have experience in mentoring, training, workshops, presentations, displays, public relations, fundraising and education. I write fortnightly articles for two local papers which helps us with raising public awareness and educating members of the public. We were most fortunate last year to be caretakers for a month at Epping helping with the Northern Nairy-Nosed Wombat, what an experience and we are so looking forward to going back next year. To help us with this we attended a wombat workshop near Wyong run by Linda and Shirley earlier on in the year, another great experience. Wayne has also spent some time at Marlborough helping set up for 'Project Kial', i.e., the Bridled Nail-Tail Wallaby breeding program. We have already put our names down to help out with the Tassie Devil Facial Tumour Research field work, so another reason to get to Tassie ASAP.
Yours in caring,
Stephanie & Wayne
Stephanie
Stephanie
Board Member

Back to top Go down

Introducing Stephanie & Wayne Empty Re: Introducing Stephanie & Wayne

Post  Linda Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:07 am

Hey there Steph and Wayne - so great to have you on the forum!!

Hope you are loving Tassie!!

The work with the wallabies sounds great! Might look into that too. I also saw the Tassie Devil project last year and tossed up between that and working with the endangered Western Ringtail Possum (which I ended up doing). I think I'll look into the Tassie Devil thing again too - it looks like a great project that would be so rewarding.

cheers
Linda

Linda

Back to top Go down